Are you needing one more super tasty thing to make today? Maybe tomorrow with the kiddos? Anna made these Peanut Butter Eggs last night, the family jumped in to help shape, we froze them, dipped them and watched them dry. Then we waited until they were hard enough to eat for breakfast.
And we ate some for breakfast.
None of us feel any amounts of shame about our life choices.
So here goes….the majority of our recipes are easy peasey, and are made from scratch. This one’s no different. We like knowing what we eat and like to get our hands in the making of them. Putting some extra love into what we do.
What you’ll need-
1/2 cup butter softened
2 cups peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1 32 oz bag confectioners sugar
4 tbsp milk
For chocolate: 2 bags chocolate chips, 1 tbsp veg oil.
Extras-2 serving forks, wax paper, two cookie sheets
- Add everything to a mixing bowl and mix until well integrated. The texture will be smooth, but stiff.
- Set aside. Lay a sheet of wax paper on each cookie sheet.
- Place chocolate chips and veg oil in a small kettle. Don’t melt yet.
- Begin shaping peanut butter mixture into egg shapes. Set them individually on the wax paper.
- When the cookie sheets are full, place them in the freezer for about an hour.
- Set your timer to 45 minutes. When the timer goes off start melting the chocolate on low. Stirring regularly so chocolate doesn’t burn.
- At an hour, when the timer goes off, remove one tray of eggs from the freezer.
- Picking up one egg at a time with the fork, dip the egg in the chocolate and shake excess chocolate off. Set back on wax paper.
- Continue until all of the eggs are coated.
- Set aside until chocolate hardens.