I’ve discovered South Pond Farms in Ontario this month and their show on Netflix Taste of the Country. The meals they make, the gardens they grow…the events they host. Just wonderful.
I made this dessert, Clafouti, recipe this week. With eggs, milk, a tiny bit of sugar and flour and blueberries and cherries we froze from the summer’s harvest it was an easy, simple, and beautiful dessert to make.
Clafouti is a sweet custard dessert, that any fruit would work in.
I take zero credit for it. It’s South Pond’s Recipe, but enjoy! (and yes, it works wonderfully for breakfast!) 😉
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cups sugar, divided
1 tbsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
3 cups raspberries
powdered sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a blender, combine the mil, 1/3 cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend
3. Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish and put a 1/4 inch layer of the blended mixture over the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
4. Place dish into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan but the mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (but don’t turn the oven off yet).
5. Distribute the raspberries over the set batter in the pan, then spring with the remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the raspberries and sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Servings 6-8 for dessert, 4 for breakfast.