Lately, the snack of choice around here for a particular family member (Anna) has been apples with Nutella. I wish I could say it were me…but Nutella…I just can’t. Not even a little bit. I took a bite of it yesterday just to remind myself that I don’t like it.
Between buying lots of Nutella and many bags of apples, we’ve had a LOT of extra apples around the house. A lot of extra apples, means that sometimes those apples start to get soft. What to do with soft apples besides applesauce? One option is to make this recipe for Stuffed Apples.
This is a great dessert for a cold, chilly night at home.
6 Medium Sized Apples
1 cup Quick Oats
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
4 TBSP Butter
Dash of Cinnamon
- Take the stem and seeds out of the apple. Be sure to leave the bottom of the apple intact.
2. In a bowl and using your hands, mix the oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until it’s a crumbly texture. It’s okay if there are chunks of butter in it.
3. Fill each apple until overflowing with the oatmeal mixture.
4. Bake apples at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes or until apples are soft when inserting a fork or knife into the apple.
5. Remove and let cool until still warm but not hot. Serve with a dollop of homemade whip cream.