When life hands you zucchini….
…you make zucchini pancakes!
We were given two ginormous zucchini this week. Most of it will be frozen for breads and muffins throughout the year, but some of it will be eaten and some of it WAS eaten during lunch today.
Lunch today consisted of Fresh Roasted Tomatoes with Black Pepper (oh.my.word. to DIE for! Recipe to come.) and these Gluten Free Savory Zucchini Pancakes. They are a quick seasonal side dish or can be turned into a main course. Served with a dollop of hot mayo, they’re pretty tasty.
2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
2 beaten eggs
1/4-1/2 tsp each: onion powder and garlic powder (amount depends on your preference)
2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
Hot Mayo Ingredients:
2 tsp. real Mayonaisse
Hot sauce-as much as will make your taste buds happy. (The hotter the better!)
Serves 4 people
What To Do:
- In a bowl beat eggs, add shredded zucchini and garlic and onion powders. Mix well.
- Add Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Heat 4 tbsp Olive Oil in a frying pan.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter into your hand and pat into a small pancake. Place it in frying pan.
5. When first side of pancake is golden brown, flip over and flatten into pancake shape.
6. When second side is golden brown remove from hot pan onto paper towel to drain oil. Continue frying pancakes until all the batter is used. You’ll likely have to add oil for every new set of pancakes you cook, as the batter absorbs the oil while cooking.
7. Make Hot Mayo.
8. Place pancakes on plate and top with Hot Mayo.
9. Serve warm.