So who has leftover marshmallows and random chocolate in their cupboards besides me?? Anyone? A summer filled with camping, campfiring, S’mores and an eternal supply of chocolate has brought us to this easy little recipe.
Somehow we ended up with a bag of square pretzels in our house. Pair that with always present chocolate chips and a tiny bag of marshmallows and wa-la…Pretzel S’mores.
This is a quick snack and uses up leftovers–i.e. Food That Mom Doesn’t Have To Eat
This recipe would also be amazing using Andes Candies, Mini-Reese Cups, Mini-Hershey Bars, Snickers Bar Bites, Caramel Rolos. The options are ENDLESS!
Here are the basics of what you’ll need: for every TWO SQUARE PRETZELS, you will need FOUR CHOCOLATE CHIPS (or the chocolate of your choosing,) and ONE QUARTER OF ONE LARGE MARSHMALLOW.
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to Broil. (500 degrees F)
2. Lay the pretzels in a single layer in a baking pan.
3. Top each pretzel with four chocolate chips.
4. Cut Marshmallows in half, then in half again (each marshmallow will make four pieces). *tip..spray your knife or scissors with cooking spray to eliminate the marshmallow sticking to the cutting utensils.5. Place in oven for 30-40 seconds. I kept the oven door open just a bit so I could see the progress of the marshmallows being toasted.
When the marshmallows look like this: ↓↓ They are done. Pull them from the oven.
6. Let cool just enough so you can touch them.
7. Flip a pretzel with just chocolate onto a pretzel with chocolate and a marshmallow and give it just a bit of a push down. Get all the goodness squished together.
8. Let them cool. Or eat them hot. Whatever makes you happy.