The color of this jam! The photo doesn’t do it justice, but this is seriously a perfectly pinkish tangerine with spots of red and dark pink. Gorgeous.
The flavor is amazing too, just enough peach with a hint of apricot and cherry all combined with the chunky texture of a good jam and that sweet flavor of sugary fruit. With seven cups of sugar per batch this isn’t exactly a diet friendly jam, but hey, we don’t eat the entire jar at once right??
If you missed it yesterday, and especially if you’re into cherries, check out our recipe for Cherry Habanero Jam. It’s killer good, not too hot and spicy.
Here’s a side by side of both jams….oh man.
I think I’ll make some biscuits today.
As with any jam making, canning project you’ll use the protocol for water bath canning. Gather all your supplies before starting-it makes the whole process go smoother. Here’s what you’ll need for the jam:
2 cups chopped, unpeeled apricots
2 cups chopped, peeled peaches
1 cup pitted cherries
2 tbsp. butter
1 package regular Sure Jell
4 tbsp. citrus juice (grapefruit or lemon)
7 cups sugar
- Measure exact amount of sugar, place in bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot place prepared fruit, Sure Jell, citrus juice.
- Cook fruit mixture on medium-high to high, stirring constantly until it comes to a full rolling boil.
- When full rolling boil happens add butter and sugar all at once.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continue stirring until it comes to a full rolling boil.
- When full rolling boil happens, continue to stir constantly, for one full minute. Set the timer….without this step the jam might not set.
- After one minute of a full rolling boil, remove jam from heat source and immediately place in jars.
- If you’re going to simply refrigerate the jam, place cover on jar and let cool before putting it in the frig.
- If you’re going to can and seal the jars follow the protocol for water bath canning.Process the jars for 15 minutes in a water bath.
I’d love to hear about your favorite jam recipes you’ve made or tasted this summer! Leave a comment below!