Beets certainly aren’t everyone’s favorite. And honestly they aren’t my favorite thing to eat, however they are super good for you and filling, so I’m giving it the ole’ college try. I made them a new way, hoping I would like them even a teensy bit better. The result? They weren’t too bad! I think I could eat them again this way.
I roasted organic tri-color baby carrots, one large sweet potato and two large beets in olive oil and salt. After they came out of the oven I put some blue cheese on it.
- One small bag tri-color baby carrots
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into large chunks
- 2 or 3 large beets, cut into large chunks
- Place carrots and sweet potatoes on baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place beet chunks on a separate baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt. (the beet color will color the other veggies)
- Bake both pans at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- When finished, remove from oven, add all veggies together and sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top. Serve hot.