The girls and I had a long week last week, with testing for school and a lot of travel. We ate too much convenience food and drank more than our share of Chic-Fil-A lemonade.
By Thursday night at 6:30, when we finally arrived home and were done with tests, it was time for some home cooked food. We didn’t have much in the fridge, because I simply hadn’t gone grocery shopping that week, but we did have some frozen things, some baking ingredients and some home-canned foods.
I threw together a quick Peach Blueberry Crisp that felt like coming home. The smell of it baking and the warm gooey-ness of eating it was a perfect end to the week.
1 quart canned peaches, drained
1 1/2-2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp softened butter
2 tsp. cinnamon
- In baking dish (I used a pie plate), add drained peaches and blueberries.
- In separate bowl add topping ingredients and,using a fork, combine well until achieving a crumb like mixture.
- Sprinkle topping over peaches and blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.