During the awesome snow storm we had this week Kaitlyn was inspired to spend some time in the kitchen. She found this recipe for No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Bites and gave her own spin to it, replacing the raspberries with strawberry puree and STILL adding in strawberry chunks then drizzling them with chocolate. Serve Frozen=Yummy.
Next, she sliced slits in some strawberries, cutting from the bottom point to the top and filled them with Cool Whip. She drizzled melted chocolate over them with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. With other strawberries she rolled them in chocolate and dipped them in crushed graham crackers, topped with a sprinkling of confectioners sugar. (These were my favorite.)
No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Bites
Follow directions on This Silly Girl’s Life for No Bake Raspberry Bites with this exception: Place half of the strawberries in the mixer when making the cream cheese filling, allowing them to puree. After the mixture is mixed well, fold in chopped up strawberries.
Sliced Filled Strawberries
- Wash 12 strawberries, pat dry
- Slice stem off so strawberries can stand alone upside down.
- Using a paring knife, start from point of strawberry and slice almost to the area formerly known as the top. Make four cuts in berry.
- Fill a frosting bag with cool whip or homemade whipped cream. You can use a frosting tip but you don’t need one, just make sure the tip of the bag isn’t huge.
- Fill the strawberries with cool whip.
You could stop there..but why???? Melt some chocolate chips and drizzle the filled berries. Let set.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash 12 strawberries, pat dry.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, crush one sleeve of graham crackers, finely.
- Dip berries in chocolate and immediately roll them in crushed graham crackers.
- Set aside until chocolate hardens.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or heck…drizzle with more chocolate!