When the girls were little we would take their used up broken crayons and make them into new round multi-colored crayons. One day, they might have been 2 and 5 years old, as we were making them Kaitlyn kept coming into the kitchen with crayon after crayon after crayon. I asked her where she was getting them. She showed me the brand new crayons she was peeling the paper from and breaking them in half. She was helping!
We’ve been going through our school supplies and discovered some crayons in need of renewal. So we made them into new ones. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. 🙂
Here’s an easy upcycled Valentines Day Project.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Unwrap old crayons.
- Chop them or break them into small pieces.
- Place cupcake wrappers into cupcake tins (regular sized or mini)
- Fill cupcake wrappers 1/3 to 1/2 full with chopped crayon pieces.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until completely melted.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
- Remove cupcake paper.