Admittedly, when I was a kid I hated this stuff. Somewhere in the last 10 years my taste buds have changed though. I’m glad life isn’t paying me back for my food hatreds…my kids, for the most part, like the dish. They might pick out most of the mushrooms, but they’ll eat everything else.
We’ve recently resurrected the dish in our house after years of not eating it, because we felt the need to expand our menu list. IE…Mom was getting tired of her own food. I’m glad we did.
2-8 oz. pkgs Baby Bella Mushrooms, rinsed and left whole
2 medium-large onions, sliced finely
1 large steak cut into strips or cubes
1 cup beef broth
3/4 cup sour cream
4 tbsp butter
3 -4 cloves minced garlic
1-12 oz. pkg noodles, cooked
- In a large skillet cook steak strips until no longer pink
- When strips are done, remove from pan and immediately place butter, sliced onions, garlic and mushrooms in skillet until onions are translucent.
- When vegetables are cooked place steak strips back into skillet.
- Stir together.
- Add sour cream and broth to skillet. Stir until everything is mixed well.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Serve over hot cooked noodles.