Bob’s Red Mill sent us a package of pizza crust mix as well as a package of muffin mix. Both gluten free products. On Thursday evening we had a rare mid-week night free. Normally Anna has riding lessons, but not this week, so we toyed with the idea of either backpacking or Family Game Night, homemade pizza and watching the meteor shower. Family Game Night, pizza and watching the meteor shower won out. I
should want to not want to brag mention want to tell you that Jeremy and I whooped our kids at Apples to Apples. BOOM.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is something Jeremy and I used to make, but got out of the habit when I went Gluten Free because of Hashimoto’s Thyroid. Bleh….I’m not 100% GF, its ‘closer to 95%. But let me tell ya…that 5% usually grounds me for a few days, not to mention the migraines. So we went GF and our homemade pizza nights sort of came to an abrupt halt. Sometime in the last six months though I discovered Bob’s Red Mill GF pizza crust. Hands down it’s one of the finest mixes out there for GF pizza (and I’ve tried quite a few).Bob’s Red Mill GF pizza crust is my go-to anymore for homemade pizza. It’s really top quality and has easy to follow directions.
If you like Buffalo Chicken and pizza you will like this recipe. It can be made as hot at you like and only requires five ingredients plus the dough ingredients.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1- 8oz jar hot sauce, any level of hot and flavor you want*.
1/4 stick butter
1 pkg mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp Ranch Dressing
1 pkg Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix
*One package of BRM pizza crust will make two 12 inch pieces OR 1 large pizza. We made both a regular cheese pizza and a Buffalo Chicken Pizza, but if I just want one large pizza I will use my large pizza stone and it suits it just fine.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add all of the hot sauce, butter and chicken breasts.
- Let simmer on low-medium for at least 2 hours. Simmering for longer periods of time will just make it hotter.
- When chicken is fully cooked remove chicken from pan and using two forks shred chicken into bite sized or smaller pieces. Place shredded chicken back into pan with hot sauce and mix so all pieces of chicken have hot sauce on them.
- Mix pizza crust according to package directions. (This will take 30 minutes total to make, so you can plan accordingly.)
- When pizza crust is ready add a thin layer of ranch dressing and spread all over the pizza crust. Go all the way to the edges, man….maximize the cheese space.
- Add shredded chicken and complete package of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted.
*We use Crystal brand for this recipe, but our refrigerator also holds things such as: Rectal Fire Storm Suicide Sauce, Pappy’s Moonshine Madness, Texas Pete Hot Sauce, Fairhope Favorite Moonshine Original Hotsauce, Sriracha Hot Sauce. We’ve got jalapeno, sweet and spicy, Chipotle Pepper and Yuenglings Mild Wing Sauce, plus our own DIY Hot Pepper Flakes. That’s only half. And that doesn’t include what we keep in the church kitchen. Nor does it include this same amount of hot sauce that we threw away a few months ago because the reality of using all of the bottles compared to the amount of time we intend to live was vastly different. There was no way we’d eat these amounts of hot sauces before the expiration date closed in on us.
Moral of the story: We have a lot of hot sauce.
So Family Game and Pizza Night was a hit. We didn’t catch the meteor shower though, but watched the Olympics and piled onto our bed instead-dog included. A fine trade off.
Oh! On Monday we’ll be hosting a Giveaway of ONE Gift Package from Bob’s Red Mill! Check back for details!
PS…the girls notably whooped us at Parents vs. Kids. It was very unpretty. Who really cares what NASCAR stands for anyway?! insert pouty parents
11/12/16 Please Note: This Giveaway is Close BUT lucky for you the pizza can be made anytime!