This recipe isn’t for the faint of calories, so if you’re countin’ em’ check our our Kale and Bacon recipe. It’s way healthier.
We’ve spent the summer eating from the grill…hamburgers, salads, veggies,fruit. All good. All good. (name that movie). But it’s time to change things up a bit and not only begin to think warm, comfort food for fall, but add some new things to our seemingly regular rotation of meals.
“Hey guys, what do you think of chicken alfredo for dinner?”
“Yes! We love chicken alfredo!”
That’s all it took…
1 pint heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp powdered garlic (more if you want, depends on your taste)
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, fresh grated or store bought
4 slices white American Cheese
2 tbsp. Sharp Cheddar, grated
Flour, approx 1/4 cup to thicken
- In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream and powdered garlic.Stir well.
- Add broken up slices of white American Cheese and Sharp Cheddar.Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add Parmesan Cheese, Stir well.
- Add milk slowly, stirring the entire time (You may want to add less depending on the thickness you prefer).
- Add flour 1 spoonful at a time, stirring after each spoonful until you get the thickness you desire.
Seriously…this is ridiculously good.