So a few months..maybe three or four..ago we purchased a 25 lb bag of long grain rice for $15.00. It has lasted. for.a.long.time. I keep it in air tight containers and haven’t had any problems with it lasting this long. One of our newer go-to recipes is Risotto.
Wow. We could eat quite a bit of it if it wasn’t so filling.
So basically you need rice, chicken broth and cheese. Anything else can be added in but I’m really into mushrooms paired with rice for some reason so that’s what we used (despite the children’s opinions).
2 cups long grain brown rice
64 oz chicken broth (or stock)
3 cups any kind of cheese, shredded or cubed (I like 1 cup mozzarella and 2 cups extra sharp)
1-2 cups of mushrooms, sliced, diced, chopped, cut, cubed….whatever suits your fancy
- To a large pot add all of the chicken broth.
- Add 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice.
- Let simmer on medium low heat for about 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Add three cups cheese and sliced mushrooms.
- Mix together well, until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve hot, with a side of Kale and Bacon.