This is an easy, frugal go-to cookie when you don’t have much time or many ingredients in the cupboards. They are also just plain good for anytime! As was the reason for making them today…it was anytime.
This is my mom’s recipe, and one that I have been making and eating for most of my almost but not quite 40 years.
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal (not instant or quick oats)
1 stick butter
1/3 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1 bag chocolate chips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, optional
- Place butter, milk, sugar and chocolate in large saucepan or kettle.
- On medium heat allow all ingredients to melt together. Stir often.
- When ingredients are melted, add oatmeal and mix well. (If adding PB add now)
- Place by spoonful on a parchment lined, or stone, pan (something that the cookies won’t stick to).
- Let cool for about an hour.
- Be honest, these won’t last an hour, just grab a spoon and eat. 🙂