What: Women’s Ministry Event, Mother’s Day Celebration
When: Friday night, 6:30 pm-9:00 pm
Where: Church Fellowship Hall
Why: To celebrate the women in our lives, relax
How: Thanks for asking! I’m going to tell you right now…AND offer some free printables and links so you can host a Spa Night as well…but all the planning is done right here for you. I heart these ladies…such a fun night we had celebrating each other!
Scripture Focus: Psalm 23
Giving Project: Slipper donation to a local women’s shelter. A representative came from the shelter to share with us about the shelter and how we can support them.
The Decor: Since it was a Spa themed night I went with blue, green and white colors. Something simple and refreshing. I used fake plants for the centerpieces.
The Favors: A small bottle of water wrapped with words from Psalm 23.
The Princess Table: Since this even was for ladies of all ages, Little Princesses were invited too,but they needed their own table! Kaitlyn set this up and she and a friend tended to the Princesses and pampered them with manicures, pedicures and craft making.
The Stations: A spa needs different stations, so we arranged the fellowship hall into sections,each one having it’s own purpose.
- The Nail Table:
- Snack Table
- DIY Neck-warmers with options for sitting in front of the “fireplace” and reading magazines.
- Last but very much NOT least was the massage therapist, offering neck, back and head massages. Lord have mercy. This is Anna getting her first massage. She doesn’t know I took her picture. She will soon enough..Hi, Anna!
Cost Breakdown: 1. $35.00 for plastic tablecloths,paper goods and crafts for Princess table (Dollar Store).2. $7.00 for water bottles 3. Massage therapist-$50.00 (she would have done it for free, but I wanted to pay her since this is her everyday job) TOTAL: $92.00 for 40 women and children. (we had just a few less than that, but I planned for 40)
No Cost Items: Giveaways were donated; Snacks were brought by each person; plants were already at church; handscrubs were homemade and donated; lotions for handscrub station was stuff we had here at the house-brand new; fireplace and magazines I brought from home; neckwarmers were made by me with household items; plasticware and drinks were already at church; nailpolish (hold your breath on this one) ALL belongs to my girls. 135 bottles of it. I had NO idea!; paper signs and bottle wrappers were made by me and printed at the church.
I’m adding free printable and links here for you!
- Life Experience Bingo
- Do You Remember Mom Ever Saying?
- Give Yourself A Point (Version 1)
- Tablecloth Pajamas-Teams of three must use three plastic tablecloths and design pajamas on one of their teammates. Have the audience cheer for “best” pajamas-each member of the winning team get a prize.
Water Bottle Wraps