Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free. I made these last night, and must admit, they turned out pretty well. Cloud like in texture and shape with a hint of maple. They are a very light cookie.
4 egg whites
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated, unsweetened coconut
*makes about 12
- Place egg whites in mixing bowl. Using whisk attachment beat on medium high until whites are fluffy and almost stiff. (like the picture below-this takes about 10 minutes)
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and whisk until stiff (meaning the whites can stand up by themselves).
- Place spoonfuls of batter on parchment sheet, bake at 425 for about 8 minutes.
- Let cool. That’s it-it can’t get much easier, right?
- If you want to get fancy, dip them in some chocolate.I made this chocolate sauce from cocoa powder, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Please don’t ask me amounts..it was one of those things that went together and was finished when it was finished. I’ll have to try it again and make that another post. You could use regular chocolate.