Maybe you do this…maybe not, but a few years ago I realized I could make my own iced tea. I still like a good store-bought sugar filled calorie laden iced tea once in a while, but this homemade version is more refreshing, less sugar and calorie filled…..plus it’s cheap if not free and a huge batch of it can be made at once.
8 Cups cubed ice
12 cups cold water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed or store bought (How to juice a lemon here)
5 tea bags
- Place ice cubes in a large pitcher (I use a 2 gallon sized pitcher)
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup white sugar over the ice cubes and set pitcher back in the freezer.
- Submerse tea bags and pour lemon juice in water and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags from water .
- Take pitcher from freezer and pour boiling tea over ice cubes.
- Give a quick stir and either drink now (with a few more added ice cubes) or leave in frig until it’s completely cooled.
Tips: To make a sweet tea add 1 cup of sugar. You can also add lemon for flavoring.