So here’s the scoop…we eat very little pasta-when we do it’s gluten free. Because of my autoimmune thyroid joy (not) gluten is on the naughty list for me. We try and eat whole foods. And sometimes you just need Chicken Parm. Am I wrong??
No. No I am not wrong.
However, I’m also not reinventing the wheel. And by gluten free I simply mean we don’t add pasta to the dish. And I don’t bread the chicken. Nothing mind blowing.
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar spagehtti sauce-any kind, any brand, any flavor.
8 oz. shredded cheese
- Place chicken breasts in oven proof baking dish.
- Slather with spaghetti sauce
- Bake for about an hour (depending on thickness of chicken) at 375 degrees.
- When chicken is cooked through (no longer pink and easily shredded with two forks) load the cheese on top of the chicken. By load it on I mean load. it. on.
- Put pan back in the oven until cheese is just brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about five minutes.
Looks like I forgot to take a picture of the raw chicken with just sauce.
- Serve with a side of green veggies or lettuce salad.
- A variety of shredded cheeses would be great on this.
- Taco toppings would add a flair of taste.
- Of course adding some pasta to this dish and/or breading to the chicken would make it more tradtionally Chicken Parm.