Needing a quick Christmas gift? Stuck with needing some new ideas for Christmas snacks? These four ingredient homemade peanut butter cups are quick and easy, and you likely have everything you need already in the pantry. Package them in a cute little gift bag for giving away, a nice platter for presentation at a party or stick in the back of the freezer where your family will never find it and eat it when no one else is around. Either way.
2 cups chocolate chips (dark or milk)
2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 -3/4 cup peanut butter (depending on your like of peanut butter)
1-2 tbsp white milk
6-12 large cupcake liners
1 cupcake pan
*Note: This recipe will make 6-12 large peanut butter cups depending on how full you fill each cupcake liner.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate until smooth. Stir it frequently.
- To each cupcake liner add approximately one tbsp of melted chocolate. Smooth the chocolate so it touches the entire bottom of cupcake liner.
- Set aside (frig or freezer) until chocolate is firm.
- In the meantime: add confectioners sugar and peanut butter to mixer and mix well. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time
- Mixture should be smooth and thick like in this picture…
- When chocolate is hard add approximately 1 heaping tbsp of peanut butter mixture to each cupcake liner. Pat the peanut butter down slightly so it’s a flattened disk. Be careful about letting it touch the sides…you’ll want to leave this space open so the final layer of chocolate seeps down the sides. (because who doesn’t love sides seeping with chocolate????)
- Pour more chocolate over each peanut butter disk until peanut butter is fully covered.
- No baking required. Place peanut butter cups in refrigerator or freezer to harden (this will happen quite quickly).
- Eat. Eat them people. These are amazing.